Job Market Candidate
University College London and University of Siena
- I completed my Ph.D. degrees in Economics at UCL and USiena both in August 2015.
- My research interests are behavioral and experimental economics in the context of development economics.
- Beginning Fall of 2016, I will join University of Notre Dame as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Department of Economics and the Center for Ethics and Culture.
My job market paper examines the role of a Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) program in overcoming coordination failures. I design and conduct a laboratory economic experiment in the field based on a ‘Weak-link’ Coordination game. By estimating a structural choice model of the individual decision to coordinate, I identify beliefs about others’ behavior as the main determinant of equilibrium effort: high effort is only sustained under high beliefs. I also estimate the effect of exposure to the CCT program on the coordination effort: longer exposure to the program increases the likelihood to exert the highest level of effort.
Teaching and Research Fields
- Experimental Economics
- Development Economics
- Behavioral Economics
- Applied microeconometrics
- Phone: +1 (734) 277 - 1984
- spolaniareyes at gmail.com
- Skypename: spolani
- Currently visiting UC Berkeley, CA, USA
- Department of Economics
- University College London
- 30 Gordon Street, WC1H 0AX London, UK